The attorneys at the Law Office of Christina Forbes will work with you or your loved one on any of the following needs in the District of Columbia:
- Writing a will
- Submitting a will to probate
- Managing a decedent's estate
- Creating and managing a trust
- Drafting advance directives
- We counsel clients on how best to assure their later lives, and leave what they want to their children, charities or others.
- We help to manage wards' lives to the extent that they cannot do so themselves. This includes
- Assuring that they receive all possible support, be it medical, financial, or emotional.
- Managing their finances, if necessary.
- Managing property, obtaining mortgages, selling property.
- We litigate against the bad guys:
- Against those who have taken advantage of the vulnerable.
- Against those who need to support those in need.
- Against the big institutions that see too big a picture and ride roughshod over an individual and their rights.
- We work with families and caretaking professionals who are preparing for end of life and with families when a member has died.
- Our objective is to do as the person wishes, whenever that can be known.
- If we can't know what a person would have wanted, to achieve as dignified and natural a death as possible.
- We also attend to all matters for those who die without family or friends.
- We do everything possible to discern what a person would have wanted for their funeral and burial and make all arrangements, including searching for distant relatives, reading through deeds, and the like.